Monday, March 10

We had pho yesterday... mmm....

Just a quick blog entry to mention what we got up to yesterday... we went to 9:30am mass at Inala during which Beth got really anxious... we think she's scared of black people 'cos we were sitting in front of some African people and she kept looking at them and then hugging me really tight... she's a bit of racist... :p...

After mass, we headed out to stock up on vietnamese groceries... and discovered a whole little circle of refo shops... Did our shopping quickly and then headed home... Beth didn't fall asleep surprisingly, so we gave her some lunch and then put her down for her nap. When she woke up we went and did a bit of shopping and then we decided to have an early afternoon tea/dinner and went to a viet restaurant (Trang's Restaurant) in the West End... typical of a vietnamese restaurant you'd find in Mansfield Park in Adelaide... We all got to have pho (beef noodle soup) for the first time in 2 months!!! The pho wasn't as good as back home... but it was still good... although small in size (Phan was disappointed 'cos it's no where near as big as a xe lua (jumbo) sized pho you get at Pho Khang... Mai loooved the pho... ate a whole rice bowl by herself... we'd got her spring rolls too, but she totally rejected them in favour of the pho (clever girl)... and then drank 1/2 a glass of nuoc dua (coconut juice)... lot of food for a little girl!

Today, Beth has been somewhat of a velcro baby... she has just wanted me to hold her *all day* ... I think her teeth are bothering her a lot... she keeps throwing herself at me (literally!) everytime I try and get up and do something (As you can I didn't achieve much today!!!)... it's quite sad but funny at the same time... I think she hopes that if I hold her, her teeth will stop hurting. She was fine if she was sitting on my lap or if I was holding her... but the minute I tried to leave (even though I was in the same room) she would start chucking a tantie like the world was going to end! We did manage to go to the park and she was happy to wander around by herself and sit in the swing for a little while and slide on the slippery dip... so that was good... But even when Phan got home and I was trying to cook dinner, Beth kept coming up to me and tugging on my leg and putting her hands in the air wanting me to pick her up. I got Phan to give her a bath tonight, 'cos I needed a break from Beth's "velcro-y-ness"... and she was kicking up a big drama and fuss... but calmed down once she got in the bath.

So that's pretty much it... No photos today since Beth wouldn't let me put her down... and even if I had, I would have had grumpy faced Beth...
But here's a photo of me and Phan... this was taken before we went to Koh and Vinnie's wedding

No comments: