Saturday, March 15

Chasing Shadows...

Photoless blog entry today... I'm a bit photo-ed out after that mammoth fairy shoot I just pp-ed...

Yesterday we had a low key, but still fun day... in the morning I let Beth do some painting with brushes and some finger painting... OMG... what a mess! But it was fun... although I was kept on my toes making sure she didn't take a swipe at the laundry I had hanging on the line with her paint covered hands (I didn't plan that very well... note to self, don't finger paint when the laundry is hanging out!) After painting, I had to put her in the bath to clean all the paint off her and once she was all clean I decided we would got for a walk around our neighbourhood instead of going to the park. We walked 1/4 way around the block before Beth got tired and then I had to carry her home... uphill! Beth had a decent lunch and then had her nap... a looovely long one... 3 hours! I even got to have a 15 minute nap while she was napping! Then once she woke up, gave her some grapes for afternoon tea and then we went and did our weekly grocery shop.

This weekend, Phan is working... so he took the car to work this morning (he was feeling lazy and didn't want to ride his bike!)... so Beth and I played ball in the empty garage (bouncing it off the walls) while I was doing the laundry... then came inside and we read some books and stuff and then I decided we would have some water play... I just filled up a bowl with water and gave her a spoon and a whisk and let her play with it outside... she had a ball... and had emptied the bowl within a couple of minutes, but then spent time splashing the little puddles of water on the ground for about 15 minutes. Dried her off after that bit of fun and then we went for another walk around the neighbourhood... we only got about 1/8 way round the when she decided that she would sit on a little patch of grass near the footpath next to somebody's fence and pluck all the yellow flower/weeds out of the grass... We did that for about 10 minutes, before I decided we should get moving before people thought we were really weird! So we started walking back, and then I ended carrying Beth home again! Didn't do too much else today... except we all went to the park this afternoon and Beth spent a good amount of time at the park just walking around aimlessly chasing her shadow... very cute... and then we went home and we had nem nuong (vietnamese meatballs) for dinner which is Beth's favourite... she was shoving whole meatballs in her mouth and devouring it! And she ate without a top on because the bun (rice noodles) just goes everywhere... she makes such a mess when she eats this! I hate cleaning her up afterwards... it just takes forever... but I do love how much she loves eating nem nuong and bun... so it's kind of worth it... lucky we love her so much! :)

No comments: