Tuesday, March 25

Afternoon at the pool...

After I finished that last blog entry, Beth woke up... it was about 12:30pm... so after giving her some lunch and letting her digest it, I decided we should go to the Newmarket pool for some fun, seeing as it was a nice warm, sunny day and it wasn't raining. Beth was struggling to get in the toddler pool the minute she saw the water, so I had to battle with her to let me put our stuff down at a bench and take off her shoes before she went running into the water. Once she was in the water (which was cold!)... she was sooo excited, she was moving too fast and kept tripping over her feet... she finally understood that she had to walk slower so that she wouldn't drink the entire pool! She had such a great time playing in the pool with all the spouting water fountains and bubbling springs... When she got cold, I had to drag her out, wrap her in a towel and walk around with her to warm her up so she could go in the pool again... but that didn't last long, because she got cold really quickly... so we tried out the heated 25m pool... She loooved that... and I just walked back forth swishing her through the water... She didn't want to get out... which made it difficult for me to climb out of the pool, because she insisted on clinging onto me, whilst trying to lunge into the pool! She is quite a handful! Then we went into the changerooms and she chattered away to me the whole time... I wish I understood what she was trying to say, but I'm sure it involved "Mum... I don't want to go home!"

There is something about swimming (or rather for me, walking around in water), that really tires me out... so I'm off to bed...

I'll leave you with these snapshots from our daytrip to Caloundra -

No comments: