Monday, March 17

Drizzly, dreary weather....

does not make for good photo opportunities...

I've hardly had a chance to play with the new camera today... the lighting has been crap (and I really want to take photos in natural light today)... and it's been raining on and off all day. Despite the lack of photo taking opportunities, Beth and I were busy and had some fun... first thing, we went out and checked out a KindyRoo class at 9:15am... I'm planning to enrol Beth in the classes next term (starts with the school term) but I wanted to see what it was all about... it's quite interesting... has a whole bunch of different equipment for climbing/swinging/bouncing... plus activities and they do a group session which is a bit like interactive PlaySchool and gets the parents to participate with their child and teach them stuff... I figure there's no harm doing it for a term and if we don't like it we can always stop... I think it'll be good to kind of have a structured type of play session like this and then the free play we have at playgroup...

After that, we were going to go to the park, but it was raining, so we went home and I made my first ever batch of playdough... it was a lot stickier than I thought it would be when I was making it ... but it worked out really well... and then we played with it... well actually, I played with it and Beth poked it a lot... but she did manage to get the hang of pushing down on some cookie cutters I have to make shapes from the playdough.

After that, Beth had some lunch and then had a nap that only lasted 1 hr and 15 minutes... but she woke up happy and we had some peacharine and then I had to take the car to go and get a roadworthy certificate so that we can get it registered in Queensland. We spent almost an hour at the auto place... and lucky it had a big office (albeit dirty) so Beth was happy to walk around the office, munch on snacks and rifle through the magazines while we were there... she just walked around the office doing circuits... it made up for not going to the park!

After that, we dropped in to the greengrocer and then we came home ... Beth chilled out with her bottle of milk to Hi-5 and then when she had drunk it all stood up and started dancing to all the music... very funny 'cos she puts her hands in the air and really bops... I had made a beef stew for dinner with green beans and mashed potato which Beth devoured... she really loved it... at a massive bowl and then ate some off my plate whilst I was having dinner.

And that was it for today... weather isn't supposed to be much better for the rest of the week... but I do hope it stops raining for a bit so we can go to the park at least once.

No comments: