Sunday, January 9

PAD - January 9 - Baby Batwings


PAD - Jan 9 - Baby Batwings


Since 3 months of age, Catherine has been sleeping in one these new generation sleeping wraps... This one is called the Love Me Baby, Wrap Me Up. It looks bizarre, but she loves this thing... It lets her sleep snuggly wrapped, but with just enough movement to have access to her arms and sleep in the natural arms up position that babies love to do. She has slept pretty well in it to date, but she is close to growing out of it now... so we are just starting to wean her off the wrap and let her have her arms free (which is resulting in a lot of disruptive sleep at the moment!)

In recent weeks she has started flapping her arms around a lot in it at night when she isn't tired or is excited... doing what we have termed "the batwing thing"...

Thought I better capture her in the wrap before we wean her completely off it... It's been an important part of our lives ... She has had a lot of naps and night time sleeps in it and it has given me much sanity...

As a random side note, the first time I put Catherine in this, Elizabeth asked me "What is Catherine wearing?!"... I told her it was a sleeping bag and she said to me "She looks a bit like a puppet!"... LOL... that really made me laugh, because she does look like a puppet with her arms like that...

No comments: