Thursday, January 27

PAD - January 27 - I Should Be On Masterchef...


PAD - Jan 27 - I Should Be On Masterchef...


LOL... well, not really, but aren't my little rice cubes cute? For Christmas my sister got me this little kitchen gadget that makes little rice cubes... I made this with xoi and lap xuong (sticky rice and the chinese sausage also known as lup cheong) and it did get a bit messy and sticky, but on the whole is wasn't too bad...

(The device claims to be able to be used with plain normal rice, but I didn't have a great deal of success in that department... it would be great with sushi rice though!)

I know it's not particularly healthy, but it brings me back to my childhood 'cos this is something that my mum used to make for us for breakfast occasionally when we were growing up... Elizabeth also really enjoyed having her little cubes of rice for lunch (she had two of them).


Rice Cubes For Lunch

1 comment:

Phuong said...

Looks great!