Wednesday, February 13

We love swimming...

Oops - sorry for lack of post yesterday... we didn't do anything really... just popped out to the shops (Spotlight, Big W, Woolworths and then the fruit and veg shop)... pretty boring... Although Beth did this hilarious thing in the fruit shop... I had Beth in a shopping trolley and I was getting some grapes (for Beth of course) and I turn around and find her with a peach in her hand holding it out to me... She had picked it out all by herself... and looked pleased with herself... pity we didn't need peaches! When I accepted it from her and put it back in the display, she reached out and tried to get another one! She's a funny one...

Anyway, today we finally made it to swimming... been meaning to go for the last 2 weeks, but things kept preventing us... so I was determined to go today and tried to organise everything last night... Emily has a lesson at 8:30am, so I thought we'd come along and see the class and then had a paddle ourselves. It was cool seeing Em swimming... and Beth was clambering to get into the pool as soon as she saw it... so after about 20 minutes, Beth and I went and got in the lap pool... (the toddler pool was shut unfortunately)... and damn was it cold (didn't bother Beth too much, but geez, it took me a while to get used to it!) ... but we got used to it quickly and Beth absolutely *adored* it... wasn't scared of the large amount of water... splashed and tried to paddle... Em and Sharon joined us after Em's lesson and Beth loved "chasing" after Sharon and Em... and playing ring a ring of roses... She loved it when I spun her around in the water.... and she just smiled and laughed the whole time... even when she swallowed water (and she swallowed *heaps* of water!) After swimming we checked out the library (which is close by) and then came home and Beth didn't fall asleep in the car (surprisingly) but crashed when I put her in the cot... I'm pretty exhausted too... the water really takes it out of you! I think we'll start going more regularly now!

No comments: