Friday, February 22

Quick review...

I have just realised my last 7 blog posts have involved a photo of some sort... so here's a quick photo-less entry...

Yesterday Beth and I went to playgroup... unlike the last 3 weeks, Beth didn't fall asleep in the car on the way there... so I thought that we'd have to leave early so Beth could grab a nap... but nope... She was so involved in playgroup she didn't notice she was tired... She spent 1/2 an hour in the sandpit, which helped to distract her I think. So right after playgroup, we went home so Beth could grab her nap (she conked out in the car within minutes) and I transferred her successfully from car to bed with no problems... She woke up after an hour, but self settled and ended up having a 2 hour nap. When she woke up, I gave her a bite of lunch... (cauliflower cheese with macaroni) and then we headed over to Sharon's and Em's place to hang out for a little while... Sharon made golden syrup dumplings (yum!) and Emily decided that I was her new best friend and insisted I watch her jump on the bed... then pretend to have a magic star... then have a tea party... then go shopping... It gets exhausting having to entertain a 3 year old for such a long period of time! We headed home at 4:40pm (We had lost track of time!) and got home at 5pm... and Beth didn't fall asleep in the car... but started to get a bit cranky... so I gave her a bottle of milk and lay her in the beanbag... and she just lay there, drank her milk, watched tv and had 20 minutes of quiet time and then she perked up! So no afternoon nap from her... Phan got home pretty early at 5:30pm... and then we all had some dinner... I gave Beth an early bath, thinking she might go to sleep at 7pm... but nope... She stayed up and we talked on the webcam to Phan's parents and then Bao Anh... gave her a bottle of milk and put her in the beanbag again (this is becoming a bit of a routine... she tends to drink more milk if she is by herself in the beanbag... doesn't like me holding her anymore!) And then into bed at 8:10pm. Then we had a great night... she woke once at 10:30pm... and then slept through until 6am... grizzled for about 10 minutes and then self settled and woke at 6:50am... Lovely! I had a great sleep... which I really needed, I was so tired.

I know that I said at the beginning of this blog entry that this would be photoless, but I just thought of this photo - this is what our girl looks like when she's chilling with her bottle of milk...

No comments: