Thursday, February 7

Busy day...

Well, I think I have worn out Beth today... she decided for some beknowst reason to wake up at 5:15am... I tried to pat her back to sleep, but she was all twitchy, so I gave her a bottle of milk at 5:45am and after that it was all over... she wanted to wake up and play and was bringing a book over for me to read to her! I thought this was going to throw our playgroup plans ((9:30am) into some havoc... but I was determined to go... so packed Beth up into the car just after 9am and drove to playgroup, to find she had fallen asleep in the car half way there... drove around for a bit and then parked in spot of shade and read my delicious magazine (which I had thrown in the car at the last moment)... she had about a 30 minute nap... so once she woke up it was about 9:50am and I brought her into play... She is such an observer... she sat there for the first 10 minutes watching and absorbing everything... and then Emily got excited when she saw Beth and came over to give her cuddles and kisses and play with her a bit and then Beth started crawling around and exploring... she was tottering around a bit on her feet... The babes had morning tea, and then more play time... Beth discovered the piano and just wanted to sit there and bang on the keys until I made her go and play with something else...
I met another mum who just moved to Brisbane from Sydney in the middle of last year and who is in a very similar boat to me - moving because husband got a job here... only planning to stay a couple of years... little boy who is 13 months... and she lives close to where we are, so hopefully we'll see more of them.

After playgroup, went back to Sharon and Emily's place for some airconditioning and some lunch (yummy, yummy pumpkin soup... which Beth enjoyed eating off the end of toast fingers... I think she ate a whole piece of toast!) The girls were playing together and watching Postman Pat... and at about 2:20pm, Beth had had enough and we headed home for a nap... She only napped for an hour and half... so I'm hoping that means she will sleep heaps tonight!

No comments: