Monday, February 11

A chillin' Monday...

We've had a lovely day today...

Firstly, Beth slept in until 7am! Woo hoo! I love it when she sleeps past 6am...
I don't sleep much past 6am... but sometimes it's just nice to laze about in bed half awake and half asleep and not have to deal with a hungry/grizzly baby.

Then, we had lots of walking and playing today and book reading... She walked with her little red car for the first time! But much prefers to walk with the car while she walks along on her knees... but at least she has now discovered the car's purpose and she doesn't freak out anymore. I actually got a bit sad at one point... I was sitting back and watching her walk the entire length of the room from the lounge to the sliding door and back... over and over and over again... and she was dressed in her little t-shirt and 3/4 length shorts... and I was thinking - "She's not a baby anymore... I can't believe how fast she's growing up..." It brought a tear to my eye... I am going to miss my little helpless baby... but at the same time I do love all the new things she's doing... Today she figured out how to kind of feed herself... managed to put the spoon in her mouth for the first time! I gave her this tinned vegetable medley thing for lunch (opened from the yesterday, when I had nothing to give her for lunch) and I gave her buttered toast soldiers and dip it in the vegetable mix... she loooves it... ate a whole piece of toast (almost every bit... only had a little bit of crust left!) and towards the end she was dipping the toast into the mix by herself.. she is getting so clever! I also leave her drink around somewhere she can reach and during the course of the day when she's thirsty she finds it and has a drink... so independent now...

This afternoon, Melanie and Jack came around for afternoon tea (we met them at playgroup last week... and they live pretty close by to us) Jack is 13-14 months and is such a little cutie... Beth gets along with him pretty well... Lovely chatting with Melanie 'cos she's in a similar boat to me - moved here from Sydney last year because hubby got work... all family back in Sydney... so it's nice to have someone in a similar boat ...

No comments: