Saturday, April 2

Simple Woman's Daybook + Photo A Day April 2

I've came across this concept that a few of my digi-scrapper blogger friends are doing called The Simple Woman's Daybook where everyday is a blank page and we can take a few moments to look at the simplicity and beauty of each day... It's really my kind of thing as I love to take a moment to reflect, so I thought I would give it a go...

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... the air is clean and clear without the humidity... There are blue skies and beautiful sunshine... It's a glorious day.
I am thinking... of my hubby being away from us for 4 days... going to miss him a lot.
I am thankful for... a napping baby and lovely considerate 4 year old girl.
From the kitchen... we made apple muffins today
I am wearing... a white t-shirt and brown maternity pants that I've worn through 2 pregnancies... They are so baggy and daggy on me now, but oh so comfortable.
I am creating... a lot of scrapbooking layouts.
I am going... to search through Elizabeth's old clothes to find some things for Catherine to wear as the weather cools down.
I am reading... the Woolworths food magazine that I got for free when grocery shopping yesterday.
I am hoping... to not be too sleep deprived these next four days without Phan to help me.
I am hearing... Hot Potato from the Wiggles coming from the iPad.
Around the house... I need to clean up... it's getting out of control around here.
One of my favorite things... is a glass of ice cold apple tea with a sprig of mint.
A few plans for the rest of the week: tidy my computer desk, take photos, scrap, cook, sleep.

And I thought I would also incorporate my photo-a-day entry into today's post as well -


April 2 - Apple Muffins


And the recipe for anyone who's interested -

Apple Muffins

Ingredients:
• 2 cups self raising flour
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• ½ cup caster sugar
• 1/3 cup (80mL) olive or vegetable oil
• 1 cup low fat natural yoghurt ( I used a 170g tub of cheesecake flavoured dairy farmer's yoghurt + 1/3 cup of milk)
• 2 eggs
• 1 red apple, grated (with skin on is fine)
• ½ cup pecans, chopped (or walnuts or almonds) (didn't use, 'cos Elizabeth is anti-nuts)
• ½ cup dates, chopped (didn't use, didn't have any in the house)
• brown sugar

Method:
Preheat oven to 180°C and place paper cases in muffin tray.
Sift flour and cinnamon into large mixing bowl, add caster sugar.
In a glass jug, measure out oil (to 1/3 cup), add yoghurt (to 11/3 cup) and eggs, whisk to combine.
Pour liquid into dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
Stir in apple, pecans and dates.
Spoon mixture into paper cases.
Top each muffin with 1/2 tsp of brown sugar
Bake for 20-25 minutes until a skewer inserted into the muffin comes out clean.

Notes:
Doesn't use a lot of oil, so the muffins stick a bit to the paper cases, but it's still a yummy, moist recipe.

No comments: