Wednesday, January 13

Photo A Day - Day 13 - A Birthday Cake For Grandma


Day 13 - A Birthday Cake for Grandma


My mum was always big on having cake on our birthdays... we *ALWAYS* had to have a cake... and most of the time it was always a homemade one and we could put in our requests as to what kind of cake we wanted... I remember the year my mum made me a cake in the shape of piano... white chocolate for the white keys, licorice for the black keys... it was *AWESOME*... the best cake ever...

So what better way for us to celebrate my mum's heavenly birthday but to bake her a cake today! (One of her favourites too, a feather-light sponge with jam and cream.) So a big heavenly happy birthday to you, Mum... Hope you like the cake... and I'm sorry about the decorations, but Elizabeth really wanted to decorate the cake... and this is what happens when you let a 3 year old loose with the decorations...

No comments: