Tuesday, May 20

Tough Cookie...

Took Beth to have her 18 month immunization shot today... only one needle (chicken pox vaccine) today, which is a nice change to the 2 or 3 needles we've had to have each time we have previously gone. Beth took is amazingly well... she didn't even cry. The needle went in and she just made a single uncomfortable shriek... and then that was it... no crying, no tears. She's a little tough cookie. Now we have no more needles until she is 4 years! Yippeee!

After her needle, we went to Chermside... I thought Beth deserved a babycino after being so brave... so I had a mocha and she had a babycino and a lamington... She is just like her dad... she basically inhaled the lamington, she loved it so much! Then we got sidetracked by a Humphrey.B.Bear car which entertained her for 20 minutes, until I forced her to leave (and she caused a scene in the process).

We had a dodgy night last night for the first time in ages... Beth's been sleeping really well at night for the last fortnight, but last night she decided to wake up 4 times... I don't know what her problem was, but I was knackered this morning... and so was she, When she woke at 5:40am, I ended up sleeping with her in my arms on the floor... and we slept in until 8am... (Poor Phan had to walk to work).
And then we had a bit of funny business at her lunchtime nap where she kept waking up ... first time because she had a soiled nappy, and then was happy and chipper for about 10 minutes and then hit a wall and became really gurmpy... and then she tried to go to sleep again and woke up 10 minutes later (I think the room was too hot... so I put on the airconditioner (it's only hit a 23 degrees max here and I still need to use the aircon because it gets sooo hot upstairs in the bedroom) and then she finally settled down for a long sleep.

No comments: