Thursday, May 22

Apologies...

Just sending some apologies to the grandparents for the lack of webcam calls this week - Phan has just switched over to a new roster at work and he's had to work late most days this week... which means we've had to go and pick him up from work later and has pushed the whole dinner/bath routine out of whack a little bit... plus Beth has been mega-tired. I think the chickenpox vaccine has made her a little tired... and she also has a bit of a rash on the back of her neck that she keeps scratching and is making her a bit irritable (I think is a reaction to the vaccine). Tonight we went and got some calamine lotion to sooth the itchiness for her after we picked up Phan from work and the poor thing fell asleep in the car (and it was only 7:30pm!) Managed to wake her up to have her bottle of milk, but she was pretty drowsy and out of it.

Nothing else too exciting going on here... Sharon and I are going to be stand-in playgroup coordinators next week when our regular one goes away on holiday, so that will be interesting (never thought I'd be helping to run playgroup!)... and I have started a new routine with Beth where we try to do something new and creative every afternoon. So far we have -

- Played a game where we put balls (we have 4) in the laundry hamper and then I pour them out and Beth shrieks with delight and runs around after the balls and puts them back in. (Simple pleasures - but really, it's quite fun, for her and me!)

- Made a cubby house using 3 chairs and a large sheet.

- Made an oatmeal slice (that surprisingly, was quite yummy!)... This may sound like an easy activity, but involves her emptying my baking cupboard of every baking tin/cookie cutter I own and then emptying my utensils drawer and then making a *HUGE* mess on the floor involving flour and sticky mixture. And she loves eating raw dough mixture. It's a fair bit of effort... but I like to think it's worth it.

- Listened to different music (not just kids songs) and danced together. (I have discovered she likes to mosh to rock music!)

Amongst all this, we have also squeezed in a couple of visits to the park... done our KindyRoo class, gone to playgroup and had Em and Sharon come over and visit ... so we've been pretty busy... looking back on this list, I'm not sure how we've managed to crammed all of this in and it's not even Friday yet!

Looking forward to having Phan hang out with us all weekend... bring it on!

No comments: