Sunday, May 11

Happy Mother's Day...

Happy Mother's Day to all you mums out there. Hope you had a lovely day.

My mother's day started in wonderful fashion with Beth sleeping through the night and then sleeping in until 7:45am! Just blissful being able to laze in bed that long. Then Phan and Beth gave me a card... Phan actually gave Beth the card so she could give it to me, but she loved the card soooo much that she made off with the card and wouldn't let me read it... it took about 15 minutes for her to put the card down so I could actually read it!

We had a low key morning and in the afternoon went out and bought part 2 of my mother's day present. Part 1 of my mother's day present was my new Manfrotto tripod which I got last week and I have used a couple of times, but am waiting to get a wireless remote trigger so I can use it more. Part 2 of my present is the coolest most functional compact bbq I have ever seen. I've been wanting an outdoor gas stove burner ever since we got here to Brisbane because our townhouse has electric hot plates and I miss cooking with gas. Anyway, we accidentally came across this compact bbq which is perfect for cooking bbq food for the three of us, but also has 2 high powered gas burners which can be converted and used as a double burner gas stove. It is sooo very cool... and I am so excited because we can now have bbqs (which we really enjoyed doing while we were in Noosa) and also now I can make pho (beef noodle soup) and ruoc (cotton wool pork) and do all my frying and stuff outside. Can you tell I am excited? Tonight I made thit nuong (bbq char grilled pork skewers) which we had with rice and salad... it was delicious. I'm going to have leftovers tomorrow with bun (rice vermicelli) for lunch.

Here are some shots of my new (practical) toy (I also love how it matches my *red* KitchenAid) -

















Here's Phan cooking me Mother's Day dinner... (Although I did have to do all the prep... but I'm not complaining!) :)

















I was spoilt this year... ;)

On a separate note... I'd like to send extra special mother's day wishes to Phan's mum - thanks for everything you do for us, from the cooking and cleaning when we come to stay and visit, to all the webcam phone calls we regularly have... we appreciate all you do and we love you heaps! And special heavenly mother's day wishes to my own Mum - I still miss you everyday and now that I am a mum too, it makes me even more aware of just how special you were and still are to me.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too Clara!

xxxMARIAxxx

Anonymous said...

Such a heart warming entry Clara. I thought a lot about you and your Mum today, and glad to hear you enjoyed your day.

Take Care,

Ty.