Sunday, May 11

She has a sixth sense...

My special girl...
I had only just finished writing that last blog entry, when Beth came up to me and tugged on my leg and wanted to go to bed. I brought her over to Phan so they could exchange goodnight kisses and then as I walked past the buffet, she pointed to the picture of my Mum. I have a mini-altar set up in memory of Mum and the photo has always there... but today is the first time Beth has ever pointed at it. So I said to her "Yes, that's Grandma... we wish her a happy Mother's Day too as well." And she nodded, then pointed at the photo again and then she gave me a spontaneous kiss... And at that moment, I had to hold back the tears as my heart just melted at the intuitiveness of my baby girl... that she knew I had been thinking about my Mum and she knew I needed a kiss. How I adore her so much... I never cease to be amazed by the way she has changed my life and my heart with her little, yet profound presence.

Thank you my baby girl - you are the best Mother's Day present I could ever ask for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw that story is so beautiful Clara. We thought of you today and we know how hard it must be not having your mum around. Your mum is looking down from heaven thinking "I am so proud of my daughter she is such fantastic mum and has done such a great job raising my chau ngoai Beth".

Love you lots sis...

Bao

xo