Thursday, November 27

Oh how delicate she is...

An example of how delicate our little girl is... This afternoon, Beth was making me play chasey with her around the backyard... (very tiring... she loves it when I pick her up and swing her around or tip her upside down... this is the only time she likes rough play!)... and once I'd had enough, I asked her if she wanted me to blow bubbles for her and she said "yes"... She's a sucker for chasing bubbles... Anyway, I blew a huuuuge stream of bubbles at her and as they popped on her skin she rubbed herself and said "Owwwwwwww..." She had me laughing... "What do you mean "Owww..."?" I asked her... "Bubbles don't hurt you."... and she grinned at me and I blew another lot of bubbles into her and she called out "Owwwwwww..." again... she is such a "precious" thing!

Other things that are happening at the moment... She's picking up words left right and centre... Some new recent words... "purple", "biscuit", "scissors"... (yeah, I was so impressed when she said scissors! I was actually only half paying attention to her and she'd picked up some blunt craft scissors and was bringing them to me and saying "SCISSORS! SCISSORS!"... that really woke me up and made me pay attention!)... she tries to imitate most words when I ask her to say them... sometimes the words don't sound anything like what they're suppose to, but at least she's trying.

This morning she started counting her fingers as we were in the car taking Phan to work... She even started at "One" (which is new... she's never been able to say "one" before)... and she counted to 4 correctly before randomly saying numbers out of order... she can actually almost count to 10 now... except that she can't say "Five" or "Seven" very well.. but all the other numbers are pretty good. She's also started to become a little demanding.... she now says "Ti-ti NOW" (Ti-ti is what we call the dummy)... and "Up NOW"...

Our latest venture is potty training... I've just started this week and we've had some little successes in the last couple of days (after one rather dramatic mishap that involved Beth stepping in her own poo on Monday... I won't bore you with details, but suffice to say that was a messy experience!) Anyway, yesterday she did a small poo on the potty, but stopped halfway through when she got freaked out and stopped when the Australia Post guy came to deliver a parcel. Today, we got a small wee in the potty (after spending like 1 hour on potty... tell you what, this toilet training thing is not something that can be rushed!) and a poo tonight... so we're making some progress... I'm trying to take a relaxed approach and just getting her used to sitting on the potty and knowing it's there... I'm happy with what we've achieved already... Oh and those Huggies Pull-up nappies that they are always advertising... with their "wetness liner" to help with toilet training... I think they are a crock... Beth still wees in her nappy and has no idea (or maybe she is rather content to feel wet?!)... her pullup was totally soaked and she didn't have a problem with it! I think they'll be handy for when we go out... but I'm going to have to put her in cloth terry pants or something so she can really tell when she's wet... Anyway... enough talk of toilet-training... it's just our "new" thing at the moment, so I thought I'd mention it... but I expect this phase to go on for a little while...

No comments: