Thursday, November 20

The mad weather continues...

Last night was a wild night weather-wise... Thunder and lightening, constant heavy rain and loud wailing from the wind... this went on for about 2 hours at our place, from about midnight to 2am... I got woken up by the thunder and the wind a few times it was that loud...

Tonight we've had an unreal lightening display... again lots of thunder... and we got hail as well... it didn't last quite as long... maybe about 20 minutes... although we did see exactly where water leaks in from the sliding door. We had a couple of power flickers, but the power managed to stay on thank goodness... Although Phan had already lit a candle just in case the power did go out... I think I'm going to go and buy a decent lantern or something next week, just so we don't have to sit in such dim candle light when there is a blackout... I'm sure that we're going to have another power outage this summer (if not several)...

I went and checked out a weather forum tonight at http://www.weatherzone.com.au... now I have been on my fair share of forums (from parenting/photography/digi-scrapping... even some techie forums back in the days when I was a software engineer)... but this weather forum... Whoa! The people on this site are a total different kettle of fish... they are too geeky/nerdy/weird even for me... I have no idea what they are talking about, except when they post photos! There are people called "storm chasers" who actually actively go looking for storms to take footage of and take photos... and while it makes for interesting viewing, I think they are totally mad for going straight into these storms!

Looking at the BOM radar, it looks like the storm has almost finished going past Brisbane.. so here's to hoping tonight is not as crazy as last night...

No comments: