Sunday, August 31

What a lovely day...

I have had a beautiful lovely day.

Today, Phan had to work in the morning, so Beth and I did some boring household chores, playing with playdough and packing... it's actually quite amazing how entertaining packing can be with 21 month old... She helps to pack the boxes (and also helps to unpack them!) and takes things out of the cupboard for me... She's really quite helpful and funny.

In the afternoon, we went out to a cafe for a late lunch to celebrate my birthday a couple of days early... Phan had wrapped up my camera bag (which I already knew about, because I had picked it out and paid for it a month ago... :) It has been sitting on the dining room table all this time and I've been oogling it!) in newspaper and got Beth to decorate it using textas... it was very cute! Anyway, I got to open my present at the cafe... with Beth's help, my brand new red leather jill-e camera bag made it's grand entrance -


red_DSC_1613






Isn't it beauuuuuuutiful? :) Practical and stylish, it is the ultimate camera bag for the female photographer... it's fits my 40D with 24-70mm L series attached perfectly, plus it still has room for my speedlite, another lens and a few extras... Loooove it!










But that wasn't the end of it. Phan surprised me even more, 'cos as I opened the camera bag, there was a box inside... and inside the box was this -

link watch 2








It's a gorgeous Tag Heuer watch... simple, with a bit of sparkle, and Phan had guessed my wrist sized, so it fit perfectly... It matches the watch that Beth and I got Phan for his 30th earlier this year... :) That was a wonderful surprise... I didn't expect it at all... and really would have been happy with the camera bag alone... I'm just lucky to have a husband that spoils me... ;) I love him to bits!













Anyway after lunch, we had to go and buy some rice (yes a bit weird and random, but we buy our rice in 10kg bags from the asian grocery, and considering it's Beth's staple food and we have run out, we urgently needed to get more! We had rice and chicken wings for dinner on Friday night when I discovered we had run out and ran out to the local shop to get some more and spent $4 for 1 kg of rice! What a rip off!) After that errand, we went for a drive (all of this done in Phan's new car by the way) up to where our new place is and saw the "SOLD" sticker placed on the "For Sale" sign. Then we let Beth run crazy at a park which is near our new home to be... I got to try out my new camera bag and got a few lovely shots with some beautiful light -

Lovely light Lovely light 2 Running and Never Standing Still! Lovely light 3






























We finished the day by going to Trangs for dinner...

It was just a lovely quiet way to spend my (early) birthday with my sweet, considerate and wonderful husband and my funny, gorgeous girl.

No comments: