Thursday, August 7

I am getting old...

On a separate note, tonight I had an appointment with the optometrist... I recently noticed this tiny black fleck in the vision of my right eye so I just wanted to get it checked out. The optometrist was fantastic... the best optometrist I've ever been to, very thorough and with a lovely manner... I had to get my eyes dilated to get them checked out... but the results of the examination were that there was nothing wrong at all, and what I'm seeing is just a sign of getting old...

I guess this is the first time I've really had to face the fact that my body is beginning to show signs of wear and tear... that I am getting old at (almost) 30... Really, I feel very blessed to be in such overall good health generally, and this little fleck in my eye is hardly noticeable and doesn't affect my vision at all... but I guess I feel like it's the wake up call to make sure I look after myself the best I can...

No comments: