Wednesday, August 20

And I thought yesterday was a slow day!

Yesterday was a low key non eventful day... Beth just wanted to watch TV all day and she didn't have much energy to do much else. Towards bedtime, she started getting really upset... you could just tell she didn't feel right.

We had a shocker of a night... I think I had to get up 4 times... the first time for 90 minutes... then a couple of times it took 10 minutes to resettle her... and then by 5:15am, she didn't wasn't to sleep by herself anymore, so after 45 minutes of trying to settle her, we half fell asleep on the floor and then by 6:30am, she was up!

Today has been a shocker of a day... I haven't been able to do a thing *literally* because Beth is soooo clingy (she wants me to hold her all the time) and she just has had no energy to do anything. This morning she ended up having a super short 20 minute nap at 9:40am, then woke up for 1/2 an hour and then from 10:30am - 1:30pm, she slept on my chest, curled up in my arms. Let me tell you, 11.5kg of sleeping child completely relaxed on your chest gets pretty heavy after an hour! I was kind of half sitting/lying on the beanbag in the lounge, but I manage to grab a bit of a nap too on and off for 2 hours, and then by 1pm, I was bored and getting a crick in my back, so i manage to extricate myself from her and put her down on her little sofa bed. She just kept sleeping while I got all our stuff ready to go to the doctor at 1:50pm.

She woke up of her own accord at about 1:25pm... so gave her a quick bite of lunch then off to the GP. The GP couldn't pinpoint anything exactly being wrong, but just all her general symptoms kind of indicated that this wasn't your regular cold, so we got some antibiotics for her. She's still completely flat and lethargic and gets cranky and upset easily. I've never seen her this unsettled (other than the roseola episode, but even then, I don't think that was as bad as this.) I'm not sure what we're going to do about this Gold Coast trip... I think Phan might just have to go by himself, while we tough it out at home... we'll see...

No comments: