Wednesday, February 11

Mummy, I Shy...

My goodness... is it only Wednesday?! By the number of activities and things we've done this week already, it feels like it should be Friday!

Monday, we had KindyROO in the morning (which didn't go that well, because Beth was a bit tired (had a 5 min catnap in the car on the way there, which was out of character for her) and as a result was very stubborn and unwilling during the group session part of the class... not a huge drama... but hopefully she'll be better next week. Monday afternoon, Sharon, Em & Isaac came over for a short little play date...

Yesterday morning, Julie & Veronica came around... We made carrot cake as a morning activity together with the girls (and also 'cos Julie wanted to learn how to bake)... and the girls were getting along famously... they were being silly and laughing, jumping and *SQUEALING* (as only 2 year old girls can do) around in the lounge room at one point... it was loud, but oh so joyful watching them playing together... In the afternoon, we nipped out to the shops to get a few little things for dinner ... whilst we were at the shops, a lady came up to me and asked if I was interested in entering some competition to win something at PixiFoto... I politely declined (I wanted to say, "Sorry lady, but I can take much better photos than PixiFoto!", but I managed to hold back)... anyway, she left and then Beth holds onto my arm and then says to me "Mummy, I Shy... I Shy"... because she was shy of the lady.... but she said this in a *HUGE* voice in the most *unshy* manner possible! Totally made me laugh...

Today, we had swimming in the morning... followed by a dip in the kiddy pool... Beth has always loved the water... but in the last week or so she has developed a *FANATICAL* love of the water... to the extent that she cries her eyes out if you make her get out of the water before she's ready... (this happened last Friday while we were at Julie & Veronica's house... we'd been in the water over an hour and she bawled her eyes out at having to go home) This is why we had to have a swim in the kiddy pool after the swimming lesson... I really didn't want to have to deal with a crying child... we spent about 20 minutes extra in the kiddy pool... and even though her lips were bright blue and purple and she was chattering she wasn't completely convinced about going home... she still wanted to swim! However, she didn't protest too much and I managed to distract her with some food and get us home.

Despite the huge amount of energy she must have burnt at the pool, it took her 2hours to fall asleep this afternoon... I put her in her cot at 12pm and at 1pm, I heard her talking to herself (loudly!). At 1:30pm, I could heard her jumping up and down in her cot... so I went in there and stopped that funny business and told her to go to sleep... 15 minutes later, I hear her holding one her soft toys and going "jump jump jump" in the cot... I guess she figured if even if she wasn't allowed to jump in her cot, it wasn't against the rules for her toys to jump in the cot! Another 15 minutes later, she finally dozed off... My goodness, that was a struggle! Lucky she's wasn't cranky or anything... just being funny and cheeky... it was only slightly beginning to do my head in because I was worried she was trying to drop her afternoon nap! My goodness, I am going to be so upset when that afternoon nap disappears!

This afternoon, we have Vinnie & Koh coming around for dinner (and to watch the Japan vs Australia soccer game)... so that will be fun...

And can you believe, after all that activity, that just brings us to Wednesday afternoon... man I really need to have a down day when we do nothing at all... Might have some luck on Sunday, 'cos the next couple of days look busy too...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beth has more of a social life than I do! I got tired just reading about :P

Bao

xo