Thursday, February 19

I do believe I have Kryptonite hands...

Kryptonite Hands This afternoon has been all about *mess* ... Beth did some painting this afternoon... and this is what happened... then I had to position her where there was some decent light so I could take a photo (flash had run out of batteries), so I was trying to stop her from swiping the walls/kitchen counter/floor with her very messy, paint covered, green hands! Then we had some water play in the backyard with the wading pool... lots of splashing... and she poured water all over me, but the mess that takes the cake for the day came after that...

I was making dinner, Beth was watching TV... I come into the lounge room to check on her and smell something whiffy... and then realise she's done a poo, has taken off her nappy, has sat on a cream coloured cushion (so there are now nice brown poo smear stained on it) and is standing in the middle of the lounge room watching TV, with her hands on her bottom... perfectly charming... messy... and so not what I wanted to be cleaning up... luckily, Phan was home at the time and he managed to clean up the slight poo stains on the rug... I chucked the cushion cover in the laundry to soak... finished off cooking dinner and then hauled my most disagreeable child into the bathroom to have shower to clean the poo-ey smell off her...(I'm sure she managed to get poo in her hair or something, 'cos she didn't smell that great)... she was all fresh as a daisy (although still disagreeable) after her shower...

So the moral of the story... put pants on child to stop them from ripping off the nappy. I'm about to recommence toilet training in a couple of weeks... we're off for a flying visit to Adelaide next week, so once we come back from that trip, I'm going to start it again... We've had bad ongoing constipation issues for about 2.5 months, which is why I put off the toilet training in the first place... but in the last 2.5 weeks it's been a lot better, and I think I can safely say, we have sorted them out now (it was related to hydration... Beth needs *a lot* of fluids to prevent constipation).

No comments: