Thursday, July 24

What We Made On A Dreary, Rainy Day...

What We Made On A Rainy Day...























It rained *all day* today... we went to playgroup this morning... although, I did have my reservations about going... it just seemed like too much effort in this horrible weather... but I'm glad we went... there was a small turnout today (the weather obviously scared off a lot of people!) so it was really nice and it was just good to spend a few hours out of the house. After her nap, we decided to do some baking for the dual purpose of (1) warming up the house by having the oven on (it was a bit cold inside today) and (2) giving us something to do and having something yummy for dessert. I've discovered *the best* cupcake recipe ever... and then decided while we were at it to go all out and make some icing and decorate them up for fun (and a bit of practise). Beth got freaked out everytime I turned on the KitchenAid... but she loved licking the remnants of cake batter and icing out of the bowl. She also enjoyed watching me pipe the icing on the cakes... she giggled everytime I squeezed icing out of the piping bag. Really happy with how these cakes turned out... they look so cute and are sooo yummy!

2 comments:

Maria said...

Clara these look amazing! I must have the recipe....A thousand thank yous for the blog nomination. I have been very humbled. Give a sweet kiss to little B.
xxxx

Ty Phoon said...

I bet they didn't taste as good as your Brownies though Clara ;)