Thursday, July 3

Low Key Days...

We've been having a low key week... it's the first week of Brisbane school holidays, so I've been avoiding Chermside because it'll be packed full of parents and kids... and also because the huge July toy sales have started yesterday and today and I can just imagine the chaos in the shops!

Yesterday we didn't do anything... I was a bit grumpy because Beth had had a crappy night's sleep which involved me having to be awake for about 2 hours in the middle of the night.

But then she made up for it last night, when she only woke up once and was easy to resettle and then slept in until... wait for it... 8:30am! So this morning, I did some weeding in the back garden... took me 90 minutes to get rid of most of the weeds and Beth just pottered around with me helping me ... although her version of weeding involved grabbing huge fistfuls of dirt and bark chips and putting them the bin I was using to put all the weeds in... She was also flinging and sprinkling the dirt everywhere... including sprinkling it over her head. But she had fun and was well behaved, and I got entire back garden done which I am happy about.

When were finished, we went upstairs and got cleaned up together... I really needed to give Beth a bath to clean her up - she was really quite dirty! I turned on the shower, so I could rinse off and for Beth to play under as well and she had a ball... laughing with such infectious-ness... she had me cracking up with laughter too!

No comments: