Friday, July 11

Grandpa is funny (aka as the sleeping machine)

Cheeky...
After my last post, I went upstairs to do something and heard Dad snoring in his room... it wasn't even 9:30pm! Mai really did tire him out! And then this morning Mai and he didn't wake up until 8am! Today we did some baking in the morning (made this really simple, but yummy oatmeal slice which is a bit like an anzac biscuit but easier) and played with playdough. Then Mai had her nap... and Dad fell asleep on the couch *again*! I smsed Phan to tell him how hilarious it was that Dad kept sleeping and later on in the afternoon Phan sent him an sms which said "Did you come to Brisbane to sleep? :)"... that just cracked me up! When Mai woke up from her nap, we went to Chermside to do a spot of shopping... we spent 2.5 hours there (we were accidentally running on Adelaide time, Dad hadn't changed the time on his watch!). Beth had a hilariously silly time... we let her walk instead of taking the stroller and omg, she was a handful... running around, rummaging through clothes, bouncing, frantically waving around a balloon on a stick... Lucky there were 3 of us to look after her... but even then Mum and I lost Dad a few times in the shop when he went chasing after Mai! Dad looked exhausted by the end of it! I'm exhausted too, so I'm calling it a night... but I'll leave you with this photo of Beth... she was laughing whilst playing "throw the ball" with her grandpa... very funny!

No comments: