Saturday, January 26

The things that men buy...

A bit of a random post, but I've been meaning to write this since I arrived in Brisbane.

Phan had to do a spot of grocery shopping in the week when I was still in Adelaide with Beth... He bought non-perishable stuff, which I have been discovering over the last few days...

I asked Phan to buy some Weetbix so Beth had something for breakfast. I find a 1.3kg box of Weetbix in the pantry! Now, I don't eat weetbix and Phan only occasionally eats breakfast... So really how much weetbix can a 1 year old girl eat?!!! She only has one a day... It's going to last us 6+ months! Phan told me - "It was the best value". I said - "What if she gets sick of weetbix?!"

The first day I arrive here, I go to have a shower... I step in the shower and discover a 1 litre pump bottle of Radox shower gel!!! WTF? Apparently it was "on sale"...

Then I go to change the bin liner of Beth's nappy bin. What should I find but a box of 100 lemon scented bin liners??!! "I found them at Bunnings... and they were lemon scented... " - he tells me. "Was there a 1000 bag option?" - I ask myself... and hope that there was and that he had the sense to knock back that idea...

He also bought 3 litres of olive oil... but I won't complain about that, because we will use it ... and it was a good price! :)

Ahhh... he cracks me up sometimes with his train of thought... More is obviously better... ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha! Love this entry. Phan knows how to shop! ;) Either that, or he is just ensuring that he won't have to do any of the shopping for you in the future... hmmm, hey that's given me an idea when Anh asks me to get her things from the shops. Thanks Phan, you're a life saver!!! ;)

Ty.