Friday, January 25

She has roseola...

Yesterday was possibly one of the worst days ever... Beth's fever was pretty bad and I was alternating giving her panadol and nurofen (surprisingly, she likes the taste of nurofen more than panadol!) for the whole day... I was also trying to get a urine sample from her... I tried ALL DAY... about 6 attempts... but it kept leaking... or she would do a poo... or the bag would come completely unstuck... it is a pain trying to get a urine sample from a girl... it is much easier from a boy!!! It was sooo frustrating and annoying...

I was at my wits end by 4pm when I still had no urine sample and Beth wasn't having very good day naps ... All this was doubly compounded by the fact Phan was on a long shift from 8am-10:30pm... Then she woke 5 times during the night (4 times between midnight and 3:30am)... but after 3:30am... she slept until 5:50am... so at least I got 2 hours sleep in a row...

But this morning... we are all much better... The fever has broken (I think) and she has now broken out in a rash ... which is a good thing... it should go away in a few days. She was mega grumpy, so I've put her down for her morning nap early... she's probably tired from the interrupted night's sleep she had.

I just can't believe the timing... this is the first time she has really gotten sick (other than her little colds last year) and it has to be during our first week in a new city! I'm just lucky Phan's boss's wife is a GP ... she has been looking after us very well... she rang this morning at 7:45am to see how Beth was.

We have been here in Brisbane for a week now... and it has been a very eventful first week and it has gone so fast. We'll be back home in Adelaide in no time...

No comments: