Wednesday, June 15

Photo A Day - June - Week 2

June 8 - Ruby Red
I went for a neighbourhood stroll with Catherine looking for something to photograph today. Came across these awesome striking tiny little berry-like things.


June 8 - Ruby Red


And a bonus photo to show you how I'm transporting Catherine around when I go shooting... (She is going through a clingy phase at the moment, which I think is most likely due to the *3* top teeth she is cutting at the moment!) I have started using my ergo baby carrier in the back-carry position and Catherine quite likes it... And it's great because it gives me both hands free to take photos instead of these one-handed, balancing-baby-on-hip-with-the-other-hand photos I've been taking. Great fun and exercise now... I plan on going strolling around the neighbourhood at least once a week with Catherine in the ergo now.


The Downside


June 9 - White, Two Sugars
So it's no where near as cute as Bao's Snow White Teapot, but I picked up this cheerful spotty little "teapot for one" a few days ago for a bargain $12. (The teapot sits on the cup when not in use) I love it... just makes me smile... I'm loving me a nice cup of tea in the the chilly evenings at the moment... Lady Grey is my brew of choice.

June 9 - White, Two Sugars

June 10 - Garlic Press Love
My sister got me this *awesome* Kuhn Rikon garlic press for my birthday last year... Only she would get me something like this *AND* know that I would love it. She actually did a heap of research on garlic presses before you made a decision... (yeah I know who does that?!) but her research totally paid off. I am actually perfectly capable of finely mincing garlic with a knife... But one thing I discovered since having kids is that it's a pain getting that garlic smell off your hands quickly... and its annoying have to clean your hands when you've got a small child tugging on your leg, crying/whining/wanting to be held. So post-kids I've become a garlic press convert... and this is everything you want in a garlic press... easy to clean (it inverts so you can scrape it out), stainless steel, easy to to press... you can even press a clove with the skin on and it leaves the skin behind. Have I made you want to get one? I should become the official spokesperson for Kuhn Rikon garlic presses... :D

As a side note, these garlic cloves pictured here are ginormous... I don't know what's with the garlic at the moment, but the ones I'm sourcing from my local supermarket and greengrocer look like they are on steroids!

June 10 - Garlic Press Love

June 11 - Where the Fruit Stickers Hide-eth
So Elizabeth has been getting more and more independent lately and she can now help herself to a mandarin/apple whenever she wants... Well actually, she picks one, gets a plate and gets me to peel/cut it for her... Only today, did I realise what she's been doing with the stickers from the fruit...

June 12 - Where the Fruit Stickers Hide...

June 12 - Winter Comfort Soup
Tonight's dinner... my own creation, and rather like a variation on steamboat.... a nourishing combination of rice vermicelli noodles, topped with shredded chicken, tofu, broccoli, baby corn and shittake mushrooms served in steaming hot homemade chicken broth and garnished with spring onions...

June 11 - Winter Comfort Soup


June 13 - Winter Sun
Oh winter sun, how I love you. One of the things I am going to miss about Brisbane when we move back to Adelaide are the beautiful winters... sunny days... no biting cold wind... And the ability to hang the washing out and know it will dry...


June 13 - Winter Sun


June 14 - Here I Am
So this is me... I thought I would do a self portrait of myself today... and I thought I would wear the new dress I scored from Review at a bargain 50% off in the Myer winter sales. Doing the self-portrait was a rather precarious exercise, as Catherine kept wanting to look at/push the tripod and I was totally paranoid my camera was going to fall! I also had an "Ah ha!" moment, when I figured out how improve the way I've been focusing self portraits with my remote trigger. (Tip - manual focus is handy!)


June 14 - Here I Am

No comments: