Tuesday, April 1

You know there's something wrong when I miss a day of blogging...

I have been struck down with the same gastro bug that Beth had... It was really bad on Sunday night... and seems to have hit me 10 times worse than it hit Beth (or I am just a mega wuss compared to her)... It's a test of resilience looking after a sick bub, when you are sick yourself... I've just been trying to suck it up and deal with her needs before mine (which can be tough, when one needs to run to the toilet or feels like chucking). Having said that though... I couldn't ask for a more wonderful, considerate child. She hasn't been too demanding or clingy (perhaps realising I am not well) and when I felt like chucking up this morning, she just stopped playing with the toys she was doing and looked at me to make sure I was okay, but didn't come clambering over me. I had a short doze on the beanbag yesterday morning while Beth was watching TV and when she had had enough TV (amazing - she is a child that doesn't watch it all day!), she just gently woke me up by bringing over her favourite ABC book for me to read to her. Oh, how I love her so much. We have just done a lot of "low energy" things like reading books together the last couple of days.

I have no idea how she has been so happy and groovy and wanting to do somersaults the last 3 days... I have just felt like curling up and sleeping... It has just been horrible, awful, horrible, terrible... (did I mention horrible?!)

Anyway... I'm on the mend today, but still a fair way off being normal... but I can actually stomach fluids and small amounts of food now... I've actually lost 2kg in 36 hours which I think is a sign of how bad the bug hit me. (For those thinking gastro is a great way to lose weight, I can assure you there are much better ways!)

That's all I can muster today... that and the blog header and music change for the start of a new month :) ... I really love the version of "You Are My Sunshine" by Elizabeth Mitchell... I also think the name "Elizabeth Mitchell" is kind of uncanny... because that would be our Beth's name if she ever married our good friends' child Thomas... *laugh*... What do you think Chi and Mitch? :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Clara, you poor thing. Unfortunately I know exactly how this feels. Last year we all had it at the same time. It is so hard nuturing others when you are sick yourself. Hang in there!

btw I looove the new header - just beautiful.

Maria.

Anonymous said...

Hi Clara

Not good I hope you feel better soon. Poor Ty has gastro too, wow it's pretty contagious if you gave it to him :P.

Bao