Friday, April 25

Bye Bye Adelaide... See you again in ~Four Months

Our 10 day stay in Adelaide came to an end today... it has gone so quick! So much has happened, I will have to write a big catchup blog entry later...

We had a whole motorcade taking us to the airport (Phan's parents, Phong, Bao and Em and Mike)... and we got there with plenty of time and Beth got a great chance to stretch her legs and run around like crazy for a bit before our flight. Even though I felt a little sad, I never feel like crying at the airport... maybe it's 'cos I know we'll be back in a few months... maybe it's cos I know we are going to have visitors streaming through in the next couple of months... Maybe it's because I feel I have to be strong in front of Beth because I don't want her to see me upset... I don't know...

Beth was really good on the plane... she ate the whole time though... and the Hi5 DVD kept her entertained for about 20 minutes... so it was a pretty cruisy flight for us... although, Beth had to sit on my lap the whole time as there was no spare seat... but lady sitting next to me and Beth was really nice and loved talking to Beth. We had possibly the worst landing I have ever experienced in all my seasoned days of travelling by plane... It was almost as if the pilot thought the wheels weren't going to touch down for another couple of minutes... so it was a very big jolt and the plane was going down the runway *really* fast until the brakes kicked in. It's a good thing they provide infant seatbelts, because Beth would have gotten thrown around otherwise... and she was a little alarmed when the plane landed so suddenly. What was really funny was that there were 2 little 4 year old boys sitting near us and as we were getting ready to disembark, they were chatting away and saying that they wanted to talk to the pilot and somebody asked them "So what are you going to say to the pilot?" and one of the boys said "I'm going to say "What about that crazy landing?!""... absolutely hilarious... gotta love the innocence of kids!

Our flight actually landed 10 minutes late and then we had trouble locating our cab driver ... But we got there in the end. Our taxi driver was an old lady (who must have been in her 50s). It's so rare to see female taxi drivers, let alone an OLD one... and she was saying that she just loooves driving... I thought it was pretty cool to see her breaking the stereotype! Got home and Beth recognised home right away which I thought was pretty amazing... she missed her activity table because the first thing she did was to start playing with it and setting the music off and dancing! And then when I asked her if it was time for a bath and she knew straight away to climb up the stairs to go to the bathroom... she has a good memory!

We called back home to Phan's parents on Skype because Beth was hovering around the laptop... We think she understands that they aren't here in Brisbane... She actually sat in front of the laptop and looked and did her tricks for them (she normally always runs away and starts dancing)... and then she was trying to really touch grandma and grandpa and was kissing the laptop screen (first time she has ever tried to do that)... that was so cute and heartbreaking at the same time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww that is so cute and sad. Wish I had been home to get a kiss :( .

Miss her heaps, and you too. Phan not so much ha ha ha.

Bao