Friday, October 15

Light A Candle Tonight at 7pm For Babies Lost to Miscarriage and Stillbirth


Light A Candle on October 15 @ 7pm for babies lost to Miscarriage & Stillbirth


This is something that is very close to my heart that I have never had the courage to share publicly until now... In between the births of my two beautiful girls Elizabeth and Catherine, I had a miscarriage... I was a week away from going to have my 12 week ultrasound when I started having some unexpected bleeding... some blood tests and an ultrasound revealed that the baby that should have been 11 weeks, was dating at only 6 weeks and 3 days... There were some terribly long days of waiting in limbo as there was a possibility that our dates might be wrong as my HCG levels matched the levels of a 6 week baby, but as I had felt in my heart when I first saw the ultrasound, we had lost our baby ...

I can honestly say that there have only been two times in my life when I have experienced such painful heartache... the first was when I lost my mum to cancer, the second was when we lost our baby, the baby we never got to meet or hold... Such a sadness you wouldn't wish upon anybody, but that happens to so many women around the world. It is something that changes your whole heart and being... A grief that shakes your soul but gives you such a deeper appreciation of what blessings you already have in your life... Every day I thank God for giving us our two beautiful girls and pray that our little angel baby is watching over us...

So tonight I will be lighting a candle at 7pm in rememberance of our angel baby and all the other angel babies out there who have left this world too soon...

This little clip was something a friend posted on Facebook today which made me cry... it captures it all so beautifully in images and music...


No comments: