Thursday, October 21

5 months....


5 months


And the days continue to fly by... Catherine appears to have hit a new groove the last couple of nights (it's likely to change, but hey enjoying it while I can)... She's been having a big top up of formula of about 180ml before bed and has been having only one feed over night at about 3-4am (so that's 9 hours between feeds!), where previously she would normally wake around 12am-1am for a feed ask first then wake again at 3-4am... she still wakes a few times during the night, but it mostly easily to resettle by just popping the dummy back in... We generally have a one hour period somewhere where she is really restless and it takes multiple goes (often having to go in every 10 minutes for about an hour) to get her to finally settle, but she has done some 4 hour stretches at night... so that's some huge progress ... combined with self settling to sleep for her naps and bedtime and I feel like Catherine is just developing in leaps and bounds! The disadvantage of her dropping to one feed overnight is that she only needs to feed from one breast because it's so full at 3-4am... so my other side is just about ready to explode, so I have had to express the other breast after the feed so I'm not in pain and can go back to sleep...

In separate news, I am soooo over the illnesses we keep catching ... Phan got the flu quite bad on Tuesday... and now Elizabeth's come down with a weird spontaneous vomiting bug... she seems perfectly fine and normal... had a very slight temperature this morning, but seriously she's happy just sitting and resting watching Playschool and eating... She eats... then she throws up within 30 minutes of eating... then within minutes of her finishing a vomit she pesters me for more food... and I mean pester... After the third vomit by 10am, I wanted her to take a break from eating, but no... I kid you not, every 2 minutes she was asking for a piece of toast... asking if it was toasting yet... asking if she could have it with vegemite... then singing a random song about vegemite... In the end I relented and gave her some toast... and then she threw up again... I am just grateful she is a happy vomiter today! And she has also learnt to warn me when she wants to throw up and can throw up into a bowl now, which reduces the mess... we've only had to do one change of clothes and one clean up off the tiles ... She did manage to keep her lunch down (ga kho and rice) and then I made her go and have a nap, so she seems refreshed after that rest...

No comments: