Sunday, May 2

Trying to catchup on the backlog...

Yeah, yeah... I know, the blog has been severely neglected over the last few weeks... We've just been busy and had stuff on... so in a nutshell, the last month or so can be summed up with the following -

- We've had some busy weekends visiting Sea World, Movie World & Wet'n'Wild (we did one theme park each weekend for 3 weekends in a row! Oh and Chu Phi came visited us for a week sometime in the middle of that)...

- Phan and I have got the nursery ready... the cot is put together, the change table, which had been harbouring a rather insane amount of Beth's paintings and crafty bits and pieces has been, has been cleared out, we have a set of ikea drawers housing freshly washed gender neutral baby clothing, sorted out in sizes from 0000 - 1... and the curtains are up. (My dodgy, dodgy curtains... I cringe everytime I look at them... I don't know if I shared this on my blog, but I mentioned it on Facebook, but I made the curtains 20cm too short... doh! So I had to salvage them by sewing a white border to the bottom of them... they look terrible, but they'll do the job!)

- We visited the hospital where I'll be having the baby last weekend... thought I had better find out where I need to go and stuff, and I'm happy with what I saw...

- Beth and I have become addicted to a Facebook game called "Treasure Isle"... She loves watching me play and seeing what treasures we dig up and adding new things to our island. We are about to run out of maps to dig up though, so that obsession may fast be coming to hiatus soon.

- I've also finished two sewing projects that I have been intent on completing before the baby arrived... so I'll share some photos of that later...

- I think my nesting phase is starting to come to a bit of a slow down now... 6 weeks to go... and I've almost done everything on my list... the last bit to do is to give the kitchen a big clean out and organisation and to do some freezer cooking so we have some meals to eat for the first couple of months when I'm likely to be sleep deprived and not feel like cooking dinner. I've made my dinner plan, so in the next couple of weeks I'll start cooking and freezing things like bolognaise/thit kho/ga om...

I've got quite a few photos and random video snippets to share... so I thought I'd better start sharing them slowly... Here's a series of photos that I think is so funny... taken at Sea World... Beth had a ball!


Fun With Waterspouts


I'll be back with some more photos later!

No comments: