Wednesday, October 22

The ants here are *mean*...

The ants here are nasty little things... I have 3 huge bites on my right leg that have swelled up into big red bumps... They hurt and they itch... I got them whilst I was lying on the grass (in pants!) trying to take photos of Beth with the tulip on Sunday... the pain I go through to get good photos...Seriously... it's been 3 days... I thought it would have stopped being itchy by now!

On a totally different note, we have *AIR CONDITIONING*! Not that we used it today, it was lovely and balmy... but we had it all installed yesterday without any hiccups... and I am a happy, happy camper. That means all our main house improvements have been done for the time being... I am going to look into getting a water tank next since the rebates from the QLD government and local council make it really worthwhile... then Beth can water the garden to her hearts content...

Which reminds me, I didn't mention that I set up two long planters/pots in the backyard over the weekend for Beth to water... One has coriander and basil in it. The other has a marigold and some other non-descript pink flowering plant. Beth looooves watering her pots... She spends 20-30 minutes every morning drowning... oh I mean watering her plants... I have a jug (I need to get a bigger one) full of water and 1/4 fill up her little green watering can and then she potters back and forth between the plants and me to get refills ... I only put a really small amount in at a time (like 100ml!) so she has to keep coming back to get more (and to try and stop her from really drowning the plants). It's really good while I'm hanging out the laundry because it gives her something productive to do... she looks so cute when she tends to her plants. The only downside... she doesn't want to stop watering the plants! On Monday, I had to bribe her with TV to get her to stop and come inside! (Terrible aren't I?) But yesterday and today have been better... she would still love to keep going, but she knows when it's time to stop. She has also asked to water the plants in the afternoon, but I don't think they could handle that, so we're making it just a morning activity.

2 comments:

The Mini Mum said...

Nope, those ant bites take forever to go down. You need some paraderm cream or similar to help deaden the pain somewhat. Ice helps too LOL
Can you tell I've been bitten multiple times? ;o)

Maybe we need Beth at our place to water the plants, we keep forgetting LOL

Unknown said...

Your colours are fantastic, I love them! and what a wonderful model!!