Thursday, May 21

American Food... redeemed in my eyes...

After having sampled some pretty bad American food, today all was redeemed...

I had planned to take Beth to the Children's Museum... but we got there only to find that it was closed on Wednesdays... poor planning on my part... So Beth and I played at the nearby (lame) park for about 40 minutes and we went had lunch at the (famed) Richard Walker Pancake Place... Beth and I shared a strawberry waffle and oh my! It was *big* and it was *really good*... Beth was sooo excited to see strawberries (there were lots and I'm sure she ate half of them!). While we were waiting for the waffle to come out, we were given some whipped butter in a dish and maple syrup. Beth through the whipped butter looked like philly cream cheese (which she loves just eating by itself in the morning at breakfast), so she started poking and licking the butter... I tried to stop her, but she insisted and I'd already had to endure a 15 min tantrum whilst we were waiting for the trolley, so I couldn't face another battle and just let her go for it. After that, we headed to Horton Plaza and not long after Phan came and joined us... he grabbed some lunch and then we wandered around and did a spot of shopping... wandering here and there... popped into Borders and found some classic children's books and some bargains... And Beth had a nap in the stroller, so I took the opportunity to browse around Macy's again... I found more pants in the petite section that fit me! (Again, very exciting... I tell you, I never find pants that fit me!) And I bought a great new swimsuit for 50% off! ... I love Macy's... I wish there was one in Australia. Beth woke up not long after that... and then we headed off to get dinner... authentic Mexican tonight at family friendly "Fred's Mexican Restaurant"... Phan ordered tacos... and I ordered a burrito which was *massive* ... it seriously could have fed all three of us! Beth had a chicken taco with mexican rice on the side which she really enjoyed. After dinner we went to an chocolate/icecream sundae place... Ghirardelli and got one of their world famous sundaes... OH. MY. GOSH! It was amazingly delicious... as good as Bracegirdles in Adelaide (and this is a big call!)... Beth totally loved it too... so yummy... my Bracegirdles craving has subsided for now since I've had Ghirardelli!

So after that massive food-fest today, I'm sure I've put on a few pounds, just from today, which I will hopefully work off when we go to the zoo tomorrow!

No comments: