Wednesday, September 10

Why Do I Blog?

My scrapping buddy Donna has the asked the question on her blog... "Why do you blog?" Well, I have many reasons for blogging...

My day-to-day blog is my online diary... an insight into what Beth and I get up to during any given week... Even thought we talk regularly to our family who are interstate on skype or via email, blogging is my little way of keeping our family up-to-date with what we're doing. I often forget to tell them the many odd weird, random stories about what Beth is doing ... plus, when you have uber cute photos accompanying an anecdote on the blog, it paints the picture so much better. The other purpose for me blogging, is for myself, so *I* don't forget these cute things that Beth gets up to... I have trouble enough remembering what I had for breakfast yesterday, so it's pretty easy to forget all the funny things that happen in the journey of "growing-up"... I often look back just to read and remember what we did last month or 6 months ago... I go back and read my old msn blog which I started when Beth was 3 months old and I have trouble remember the foggy haze of sleepless nights and continuous breastfeeding... I remember it happening (and that it was hard work!), but I don't remember the details, which is what the blog is all about... it's nice to read back on it and recall the smallest details... things like how excited I was when Beth first smiled at me (my blog post made it seem very exciting!)... or the terrible sleep patterns we endured for a few months... Or what we did on those big events like birthdays and Christmas...

My scrapping blog is my separate little world of creativity where I can share my work with people with the same interest. I know some of my family pop in and have a look now and then, but mostly they don't, which is kind of good so that they get surprised when they receive scrapbooked photobooks as presents... :p But I love my little creative space there... I just like to share my work with whoever cares to look...

Lastly, my recipe blog is my little dedication to my mother whose passion was cooking... that blog is mostly neglected (there are just not enough hours in the day!), but it's just nice to have that little space to jot down little recipes and menu plans now and then... I really must get around to doing something more for that blog...

Okay and now I must really stop procrastinating and get to bed... another busy day for us tomorrow as we head to playgroup in the morning and then more packing in the afternoon. Less than 48 hours to go...

And just in case I don't get in here tomorrow, we're more than likely going to be losing our phone line and internet connection from Friday, so if you don't hear from me for a few days, we'll just be sans internet and probably busy moving and unpacking stuff and getting ready for our trip home to Adelaide.

So until my next blog post, take care and I'll be back soon to update on all our happenings...

Oh and let me also ask you the question - Why do *you* blog?

No comments: