Thursday, September 4

Feeling the love...

Today feels like it's my birthday all over again... I received a card and whole heap of Haighs chocolates express posted to me from Em (very timely - I was getting a craving for Haighs! Thanks little sis!) and I also got a card from my beautiful friend Jo (Thank you Jo!). Sharon got me a massage voucher for my birthday (which I'm going to use after we've finished moving house!) and also took me out for afternoon tea at Chermside... we went to a cafe that has a little indoor playground attached to it and the girls played on it, while we had our hot chocolates. Beth was nervous about going on the playground at first, but I took her in and tried to show her around a few times, but she didn't want to stay in the playground. Then Emily decided to take Beth under her wing and held her hand (and Beth let her!) and took her to playground and then the two girls had a great time together... it was so cute to see, the first time I've really seen Beth interact with another child properly. Emily is going to make such a great big sister.

So... all in all, a wonderful day.

Yesterday, I had to run an errand in the CBD... so Beth and I caught the train in... it was only a quick trip and Beth enjoyed the train trip (unlike the last trip 6 months ago when she was really scared of the train!) After I had run my errand, we wandered off to check out the Queen Street Mall and stopped to have an icecream for afternoon tea. We spent 2 hours in the city before heading home... it was a fun afternoon out... something different... and I've conquered my paranoia about public transport! I am really nervous about catching trains... I always worry about catching the wrong one and ending up somewhere in whoop whoop! But, the trip was really easy and Central Station has very clear signs and timetables up... so it makes it easy. So that was our exciting day yesterday.

No comments: