Wednesday, December 31

2008 In A Nutshell

2008 was the year -

We moved interstate.

We became closer as a family.

Beth and I started playgroup, KindyRoo and swimming.

We made new friends in Brisbane... the kind of friendships I hope will last many years...

Beth started to walk, run, interact, talk and give us lots of attitude.

Beth and I got gastro. (And I never want any of us to ever feel that ill again!)

We holidayed in Noosa.

I really enjoyed and developed my digi-scrapping skills, landed 3 CT gigs and made some great friends in my digi-scrapping world.

We visited Sea World (twice!), Movie World and Underwater World.

We visited our hometown of Adelaide twice and celebrated our 30 birthdays.

I beamed with pride about Phan being awarded 3 scholarships to do his PhD.

We bought another house and moved for the second time in 9 months.

I really started to develop my photography skills... and bought alot of equipment to supplement my hobby!

We threw a 2 year old bday party.

We survived crazy storms and 16 hours without power.

We loved and missed our extended family and friends.

I fell more in love with my daughter.

I fell more in love with my husband.

We laughed, smiled, prayed, hoped, stressed, waited, cried and loved... and still came out ok on the other side.

What a year we've had... A lot has happened in these last 12 months... and the time has flown by. I can't believe we've been living in Brisbane for a year already. It's hard to believe that this time last year, Beth wasn't walking yet and only babbled random noises and now she's this toddler, obsessed with playing chasey and riding her trike and able to communicate and talk to us (not yet in sentences, but I don't think that's far away..).

I don't know what the next year has in store for us... but here's to hoping 2009 will be a year of continued blessings, good health, fun, happiness and memories to treasure for years to come.

No comments: