Thursday, June 17

Groceries

I took the big girl to kindy today (drama-free again... :) I'm happy about that!) And then I had to go pick-up some registered mail at the post office (Catherine's birth certificate) and while I was there I decided to attempt a quick grocery shop. I am one of these weirdos that actually loves grocery shopping... I think I get it from my mum... I always have a very well (ok, probably overfilled) pantry... it's like I'm stocking up for the apocalyse... I'm sure we could survive on what's in the cupboard for at least a month! Anyway I haven't been grocery shopping since I had Catherine... which is basically a month and I've really missed it... so it was nice to peruse (even if I had to do it quickly!) the aisles... The other cool thing is that Phan and I have started using this awesome phone app called OurGroceries... Phan and I have this system where I will update the list online (or via my iphone) and if I need him to pick up some groceries on the way home from work, I let him know and he just refers to the list on his phone (and it will sync his phone with the online list) and then he just does the shopping... *AWESOME*! Other nifty features - you can tick off the items on your phone as you buy them... it's compatible with both iPhone and Android phones, you can setup multiple shopping lists (I have one setup for the asian grocery, woolworths & non-grocery items). You can even setup recipes with lists of ingredients and add the recipe to your shopping list and all the ingredients in the recipe get added. Really, you gotta try this app if you a compatible phone... It's very nifty... and no more ever forgetting your shopping list (unless you forget your phone!)... Oh and did I mention... the app is FREE! It can't get much better than this... (yes, I know, I'm sounding rather crazy raving about this app, but I really like how functional it is!)

Anyway, the baby girl was very well behaved... she slept the whole shopping trip (she stirred a couple of times, but the motion of the trolley moving, put her back to sleep)... in fact she's only just stirring now... and it's coming onto 5 hours between feeds for her (which is pretty long, she normally does 3-4 hour feeds... but she was awake for a long time this morning from 2am-3:30am... so she's probably catching up on sleep...

I'm going to spend the rest of my day catching up on some rest and pottering around the house a little...

And just so this post isn't naked, here's another shot of the little one...


Hello World

No comments: