Thursday, June 12

You are beautiful just as you are...

This morning, I was getting ready and as usual, Beth was standing by the bathroom basin watching me. I put on my moisturiser and then followed that with some lipliner and lipgloss (the only makeup I put on these days... and I only do it on the days we go to playgroup, just because it's nice to get just a little bit "done up" once a week... on the other days of the week I can never be bothered putting on any makeup) and Beth started pointing at my lipliner. So I gave her the lipliner to hold (with the lid on) and she started pretending to put lipliner on her lips! She was copying me! I had to tell her "You don't need that, darling. You are beautiful just as you are." Made me feel guilty and like I should stop wearing makeup, so that I am not a bad influence on her. I don't want her thinking she needs to wear makeup to feel beautiful. She was pretty damn cute when she was pretending to be like Mummy though...

On the copy cat note - Phan and I were having a dinner snack (chicken nuggets) and Beth wanted some too. They were hot, so I broke one in half and blew on it to cool it down and then gave it to her. She proceeded to blow on it herself before she ate it! She is hilarious when she imitates what we do.

1 comment:

Maria said...

He he he, I can see her right now - very cuuute. Just wait until she figures out how to open the lipstick. My boys have done this when I wasn't looking - the carpet has never been the same!