Friday, July 23

What to do with crazy hair...


9 Weeks Today


Put on a headband of course!!! Catherine is 9 weeks today... and her hair is showing no signs yet of falling out... in fact, I think it's getting longer and becoming a tad more crazy and unruly! Popped out to Chermside this morning to do a spot of shopping with Catherine in tow as Elizabeth was at kindy and I picked up this cute little headband on sale for less than $3 at Pumpkin Patch... I think she rocks this headband... LOL... :)

Well Chu Phi has come and been... We had a fun time while he was visiting... Elizabeth loved playing with him.... but now we have a quiet house (well as quiet as you can get with 2 kids) for a week and then Bac Bao Anh and Uncle Ty are visiting... YAAAAAY! Sooooo looking forward to it!

A couple of updates on Catherine's progress...

- We had our 2 month immunization shots on Tuesday afternoon... Catherine was a brave little thing... only a short little cry from each needle and then she was fine... she's had a bit of diarrhoea since then which is a side effect from the rotavirus vaccine, but other than that, a very mild fever the day following her shots (so mild I didn't even give her panadol) and that was it.

- Sleepwise, we're slowly making some inroads... we've had some success in putting her down in her cot and getting her to sleep in it from periods of 20 minutes - 2 hours... We've been able to get at least an hour and sometimes 2 hours in the evenings from 8:30pm - 10:30pm for the last few nights. And the last couple of days, I've managed to get 40 minutes and this morning I got almost an an hour nap from her at about 8am, which was good 'cos that's when I get Beth ready/dressed for kindy and got her lunch ready and had a shower. This afternoon she's managed a 30 minute nap and a 1 hour nap (with 30 minutes of resettling inbetween!) in the cot... (actually, she's sleeping as I write this, and I'm going to need her to wake up soon so I can go pick up Elizabeth!) So we're making progress... I'm just planning to keep persevering with the daytime naps in the cot before I start tacking nighttime sleeps in the cot... at the moment she's still sleeping in bed with me and waking for 2 feeds in the night... Generally one at 12am/1am and another at 4am/5am...

No comments: