Saturday, July 17

A Fun Day... But Now I'm Pooped...

Today...

- Elizabeth woke up at 6am and wanted to play with Phi Phi... (I made her go back to bed since it was waaaay too early and Chu Phi was still asleep and I jumped into bed with and lay there for 1.5 hours... I tried to sleep while Elizabeth lay next to me and played with her soft toys, poked me in the face, talked to me... and generally was a little bit annoying!

- We went and celebrated Amy's 1st birthday! (Happy Birthday Amy!) We celebrated at a lovely little spot where there was a playground, bbq and the opportunity to fish. Vicky's family has a boat and were planning on going out fishing... Elizabeth overheard the talk of the boat and kept saying to us "I don't want to go on the boat..." (Bad memories of whale watching) and we kept reassuring her that she didn't have to go on the boat if she didn't want to... Claire, her uncle, mum and cousin went for a small boat ride and we walked down to the pontoon to see them and once Elizabeth saw Claire in the boat she decided she wanted to go for a ride on the boat too (What the?!)... She was really brave and I was amazed that she did it! The other thing she did that was a total surprise was that she patted Hudson the beagle, who belongs to Claire's uncle... Elizabeth is normally really scared of dogs... she's gotten better... she used to leap into my arms at the sight of a dog, but doesn't get paralysed with fear anymore, but hasn't wanted to get close to one... but today, patted Hudson... *twice*... and was really happy about it! It was great seeing Elizabeth go a bit out of her comfort zone. Elizabeth and Claire had such a great time (you should have seen how excited Claire was when she saw Elizabeth... she squealed and ran back to her mum to tell her... it was hilarious!) and ran around and played together on the playground... We all had an awesome time... great food, great company and perfect weather! I'd forgotten my camera, so I don't have any photos, which is a bummer, because we had such great fun!

- In the afternoon, Elizabeth crashed in the car on the way home (early morning start + lots of running tired her out!)... snoozed in the car for an hour and then we headed out for afternoon tea with Vinnie and Koh at our favourite little French bakery...

- Lazy KFC for dinner... which I'm beginning to regret... grease overload!

- Really need to have an early night after that big day... especially since I had an early start and I didn't get a nap!

No comments: