Friday, February 15

Dropping a nap...

Well... today's routine was quite different... we had a very disturbed night... 5 or 6 wakings... plus a 10 minute cry... I had to stay up for an 1.5 hours trying to get her back to sleep at 3am... so I was not particularly chipper this morning when Beth woke up crying *again* at 6am... but she was still really tired, but just couldn't settle.. so I gave her a bottle of milk and pulled her into bed with me and we both fell asleep and woke up at 8:30am! I'd consider that a sleep in if it wasn't for the fact I'd only had 4 hours sleep really between 11pm and 6am... Anyway... she woke up so happy and smiley and doing cheeky faces at me... so it was hard to stay annoyed at her for depriving me of sleep...

So we got up, had some breakfast and decided to head out and do our weekly grocery shop ... we took a detour and drove past the Newmarket pool on the way, just to check it out... it looks pretty cool... so I'm looking forward to taking her to there on Sunday. Did our grocery shop (during which I had about 6 difference people talk to Beth and comment on how cute she was) and then came home and we played/read books/danced and did all manner of things to keep her entertained and happy... and she stayed up until 2:10pm! Then had a nap for just over and hour and woke up... I tried to convince to sleep a little longer, but nope... she was happy and wanted me to read her books.. so at 4pm we went downstairs. She played with her toys (she has just learnt how to stack rings on a pole, so spent ages doing that) and she left me in peace to cook dinner... I made a pseudo kind of sar hor fun... and Beth really loved it... she is eating sooo much I don't know how it all fits inside that little stomach! (Well, actually it's a bit of a pudgy tummy at the moment). Despite wake up at 3:20pm she stayed up until 8pm ... and even then she wasn't cracking it from tiredness... but I decided it was time for bed... So today was the first day that she's only had 1 sleep... and a short sleep at that... I hope she sleeps better tonight... I'm so tired from the last two interrupted nights of sleep...

We have a big day tomorrow because it's Emily's 3rd birthday party... so that will be fun...

We actually went over yesterday to help out a bit... Sharon and I managed to decorate the house a bit (not without nosy, mischievous little fingers from Beth and Emily annoying us and trying to make off with ribbon and streamers though... To stop them from getting into stuff we resorted to turning on the tv!) Em and Beth were playing together at one point whilst Sharon and I were getting lunch ready and we turned around to check on the girls and find Emily with a roll-on stick of sunscreen applying all over Beth's arms and legs... it was sooo funny... you could see all the sunscreen smears and streaks all over Beth... I can't believe how tolerant she is sometimes... And at one point when Sharon and I were hanging up streamers, we turned around to find Beth had climbed into a cardboard box full of toys and was sitting happily in the box with the toys surrounding her...

Okay... that's it from me... early night for me to try and get some sleep before I have to help look after 16 kids tomorrow at the party...

No comments: